In our busy day-to-day lives, living well can be a challenge. It’s easy to fall into bad habits that can take a negative toll on your physical and mental wellbeing.
That’s why we’ve compiled this list of small lifestyle changes you can adopt today that will make a big difference in your overall health.
- If you can’t control what’s stressing you out—like a traffic jam—let it go. Your health will be better for it.
- To reduce your risk of heart disease, watch the alcohol. Limit yourself to no more than one drink a day for women and no more than two for men.
- Hold the cheese on your sandwich. Cutting 100 calories daily for a year results in a 10-pound weight loss.
- Identify a clear objective for a health goal, like losing weight to fit into a new dress. Once you form an emotional connection, you’ll make decisions with that goal in mind.
- Set a bowl of fruit on your kitchen counter, and stash unhealthy snacks in the back of the cupboard. Out of sight, out of mind.
- After your 50th birthday, start scheduling colorectal cancer screenings. Colon cancer is the second leading cause of cancer death in men and women. It’s highly curable if found early.
- If you can’t trust your willpower, ask your server to place half of your order in a takeout box—before it reaches the table.
- Preserve your bedroom for bedtime. You’ll sleep better if you save watching TV and surfing the Internet for other rooms.
- Add some action to your couch time. Move around during TV commercials or between chapters of a book.
- Keep a pair of athletic shoes in your car so that you can squeeze an impromptu workout into your day.
Need a little extra help?
LifeFit wellness programs at Beaufort Memorial can help you on your journey to a healthier and happier you. Click here for more information.